Snurched from x_erikah_x
• Make a post (public, friendslocked, filtered...whatever you're comfortable with) to your LJ. The post should contain your list of 10 unlimited holiday wishes. The wishes can be anything at all, from simple and fandom-related ("I'd love a Snape/Hermione icon that's just for me") to medium ("I wish for _____ on DVD") to really big ("All I want for Christmas is a new car/computer/house/TV.") The important thing is to make sure these wishes are things you really, truly want.
• If you wish for real life things (not fics or icons), make sure you include some sort of contact info in your post, whether it's your address or just your email address where Santa (or one of his elves) could get in touch with you.
• Also, make sure you post some version of these guidelines in your LJ, so that the holiday joy will spread.
• Surf around your friendslist (or friendsfriends, or just random journals) to see who has posted their list. And now here's the important part:
• If you see a wish you can grant, and it's in your heart to do so, make someone's wish come true. Sometimes someone's trash is another's treasure, and if you have a leather jacket you don't want or a gift certificate you won't use--or even know where you could get someone's dream purebred Basset Hound for free--do it.
• You needn't spend money on these wishes unless you want to. The point isn't to put people out; it's to provide everyone a chance to be someone else's holiday elf--to spread the joy. Gifts can be made anonymously or not--it's your call.
• There are no rules with this project, no guarantees, and no strings attached. Just...wish, and it might come true. Give and you might receive. And you'll have the joy of knowing you made someone's holiday special.
1) World peace.
2) A conversation with David Hewlett about tech, sci fi, SGA, writing... all the geeky stuff. I will gush embarrassingly.
3) A conversation with The Powers That Be connected with Stargate. I still feel the need to express my sadness/outrage/disappointment over SGA's cancellation in favor of SGU. I will not gush embarrassingly.
4) A really good new SGA h/c fic. One that makes your stomach drop or your heart lurch.
5) An agent to read my original work.
6) A new installment of beadattitude
's Checkmate 'verse. Or a new installment of the Moosebutt Honey 'verse created by dogeared
7) SGA season 5 on DVD.
8) Cover art for any of my fics. (They're scattered around LJ, but the master list is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/~linziday
9) New bookshelves.
10) Happiness for those around me.
Current Mood: geeky